Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion Hanging At Middle School
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hanging At Middle School

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 7 months ago #12961

• clm07
  • Fresh Boarder
Very hateful guys, and really uncalled for. People really shouldn't question a child's intelligence, or worry about another persons parenting skills. Nobody is perfect. This is a terrible situation, and going at each
others throats doesn't make it better. This post should be here to discuses and pray for a good outcome for this girl. It shouldn't be about trivial things such as what time a kid goes to bed or spelling. My heart goes out to this family and may God be with them in their time of need.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 7 months ago #12962

• ProfLady
  • Junior Boarder
I share the sentiments for the child and the family.

This thread was started out of fear for what my child was going through. She was scared and let me know - I was scared for her, the child involved and her classmate that found her. No personal details have been given out here - just concern.

I join those with prayers for the child, the parents and all that have been touched by this.

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 7 months ago #12964

• deckofficer
  • Expert Boarder
I agree that this has become a bit like the game "telephone". People are naturally curious and with such a tragic thing happening in a public place, misinformation is going to abound. Add to that,kids are involved.I am just so sad that this happened at all, let alone in the school.To feel that desperate/sad/angry...whatever the trigger was, it just breaks my heart.I wonder if they are going to bring in council or inform the parents in the other schools.What do we say to our kids when the questions come? Might there be an assembly or note? Just logical questions.
My heart goes out to this family.Not only for the initial sadness, but from the whirlwind it has created in its wake
read my blog if you're bored.
echobasetoechoseven.blogspot.com/

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 7 months ago #12972

• BubbasPlace
  • Expert Boarder
Some of the people on here need a life, I won't be back on this forum. I still say we should respect the family and let it be. What is getting posted is not correct and people give attitude when a simple question is asked. :unsure:

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 7 months ago #13006

• Sash
  • Senior Boarder
Thank goodness for the update on today's front page.

I still maintain my opinion about children not having phones etc. etc at school. The school HAS phones and if I'm not mistaken, the school has plenty of adults that can handle a crisis. What happened to the days of sending a child to school without a titty or umbilical cord ( cell phone which links them directly to the womb)? Seriously, children today do what they do and say what they say because parents are the ones being 'owned' and 'bossed' around. When I was a child, if something horrible happened at school the teacher, principal, councelor etc. (adult in charge) was there to comfort students until school let out. Odd thing is, these incidents started becoming public over the last 15 years, when children became their parents. :huh: Yes.
\"All the world\'s a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.\"
Sean O\'Casey

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 7 months ago #13008

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
In the school where my daughter teaches... kids are allowed to have cell phones.
But they are not allowed to use them. If they are caught using their cell phone, it is
taken away and the parent must come to the office and retrieve it.
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 7 months ago #13010

• tjs
  • Gold Boarder
Similar rule here Stan. If a teacher sees a kid with a phone, they're supposed to take them up and a fine of some sort paid to get your phone back. I don't think that's always effective, though. I took my daughter to a doctor's appointment in Dallas, and kids were texting her from class, from the cafeteria, etc. They're pretty sneaky!!

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 7 months ago #13012

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
Similar rule here Stan. If a teacher sees a kid with a phone, they're supposed to take them up and a fine of some sort paid to get your phone back. I don't think that's always effective, though. I took my daughter to a doctor's appointment in Dallas, and kids were texting her from class, from the cafeteria, etc. They're pretty sneaky!!

IF the teacher decides to collect the phone it is $15 to get it back. :huh:

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 7 months ago #13049

• Sash
  • Senior Boarder
StanWright wrote:
kids are allowed to have cell phones.
But they are not allowed to use them. If they are caught using their cell phone, it is
taken away and the parent must come to the office and retrieve it.

It's supposed to be that way here in S.S. but somewhere along the way the rule went right out the window so they have cell phones and they do use them. It peeves me.
I keep recalling my childhood and how it was nice not to have all the technology. Sure it's nice to have an iPod or the latest cell phone but I must admit I miss the good ole days when hands were free and kids still enjoyed the simple things.
\"All the world\'s a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.\"
Sean O\'Casey

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 7 months ago #13060

For your information i am in HONORS ENGLISH and i am making ALL A'S!!!
And you have no right to tell me that!

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 7 months ago #13062

• muu
  • Gold Boarder
Check the spelling in your post about being in computer class. You may in in Honors English, but you really need to work on your spelling. I hate to see a smart kid making goofy mistakes.

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 7 months ago #13064

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
Can we focus here on the real problems? A kid being in honors class has nothing to do with a lack of spell-check or, even worse, texting from the cafeteria. My prayers still are with a couple of parents whose lives have been altered...as well as the person that altered them.

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 6 months ago #13200

i text a lot so what ever!!! i can spell how i want when i want!

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 6 months ago #13202

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
raygan, i'm sure your parents appreciate that bill every month on your behalf.

just please, if you're driving, don't text.....then you're messing with everyone's lives most immediately your own and those that are in the vehicle with you.

Re:Hanging At Middle School 4 years 6 months ago #13210

um i have unlimited texting and they dont mind the bills...
i dont drive im only 13 jtlyk
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu