Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: On line News Telegram

On line News Telegram 4 years 9 months ago #12434

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
Hmmmmmm ....5:20 and the weekend edition is not posted yet. And I am not going to complain, after all it is still Saturday, and I am waiting for Sunday's edition. I am wondering, however, when January got two Jan 28s, one on Thursday, and another on Friday, and then Friday came before Thursday. Just shows how special Sulphur Springs is! ;) :P
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by inkeper. Reason: forgot a comma, most overused puntuation mark
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 9 months ago #12435

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
WOW!!! Within 20 minutes it was up! That's service. Now y'all be quiet, I'm reading the paper!

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 8 months ago #12469

• trukdoc55
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Sw
I am at a loss why it cost so much for the online edition when there is no printing presses needed or tons of paper. No delivery people. If they wanted more readers seems a lower price would attract more readers. It would convince me to take it.

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 8 months ago #12470

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
It's worth it to me as I am on the road quite a bit. Used to be that I came home looking for the paper and it was used to paper train the pup or some such thing.

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 8 months ago #12516

• Scott
It costs a little over $20 for a 3-month subscription to the News-Telegram eDelivery online newspaper. I really don't think that is too much! Hey .... NT peeps gotta eat, too!

The paper is always (ok, almost always inkeper) on time; never wet and you don't miss a thing. It's a heck of a deal. :)

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 8 months ago #12517

• muu
  • Gold Boarder
Scott, I think it is great. Being able to read the local paper whether at home or visiting the kids in Houston is really convenient for me, and there are no papers to have to recycle. I love it! Thanks to the NT for providing this miracle of technology.

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 8 months ago #12521

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
Scott or any NT employee,
What's the cost difference between online and printed?
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by sniper101. Reason: Add any NT employee

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 8 months ago #12523

• BubbasPlace
  • Expert Boarder
I will take my written paper any time. :) Like to save articles.

We have the BEST delivery person out here in Dike. Couldn't believe he made it through the country roads with the weather yesterday and my paper was on time and DRY! :cheer:

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 8 months ago #12531

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
I love our online paper. It's cheaper than the printed version, and there is no mess to pick up after reading it. I read the paper online every day, whereas, when I had the paper delivered, I rarely read it. My only issue, I now have a really hard time getting a fire built in the fireplace without my trusty stack of old newspapers.

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 8 months ago #12533

• BubbasPlace
  • Expert Boarder
Hope the online is better and up to date then the SSnews website. It is always late with everything and some news doesn't change for months. :dry:

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 8 months ago #12535

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
Hope the online is better and up to date then the SSnews website. It is always late with everything and some news doesn't change for months.

The online paper is exactly the same as the printed version, except that you don't have to step outside to get it.

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 8 months ago #12541

• BubbasPlace
  • Expert Boarder
I will stay with my written. :laugh: I take it to work and people in Rockwall/Dallas can't believe how small it is and the articles. :cheer:

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 8 months ago #12544

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
BubbasPlace wrote:
Hope the online is better and up to date then the SSnews website. It is always late with everything and some news doesn't change for months. :dry:

You have a point about the homepage here. The state news (on the homepage) hasn't been updated in a while, that poor guy is still just now being found lying in the ditch by the side of the road.

But as anon said, the online paper is just the same as your printed version, and the real wonder is you don't have to carry it to work with you, it is right there on the computer at work too. Now how many other papers our size are offering this right now?

Re:On line News Telegram 4 years 6 months ago #13157

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
Is it just me and my computer or is there anyone else having problems reading the online newspaper today. I have had no problems getting on the forums, but when I try to read the paper, it makes my IE shut down. :unsure:

Re: On line News Telegram 4 years 2 months ago #14136

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't think the issues with the newspaper's website have been corrected completely. I was finally able to read 3 days of newpapers Friday, but tonight I am trying to read the weekend edition but can't read it. The pages stop loading and it causes my computer to quit responding. I thought maybe it was just my computer since my son has been using it, but the hubby's having the same issues with his. Is anyone else having issues reading their e-news?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu