Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum General Discussion Louviney Winery & Restaurant
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Louviney Winery & Restaurant

Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 8 months ago #12428

• brown327
  • Fresh Boarder
I went to Louviney , on Main Street just off the square, for the first time this week with a few coworkers. We were expecting high prices and we were unsure what food would be available. It turned out that many items are available for $6 or $7 for lunch. The food and the service was great. This is a place to slide into your lunch rotation. We will go back for sure.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 8 months ago #12431

• BubbasPlace
  • Expert Boarder
LouVinney's is my favorite restaurant in SS. Good food, friendly atmosphere, excellent service, and will work with you on what you can or cannot eat. :)

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 8 months ago #12432

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
I have found there is nothing I don't like at Lou Viney's. Everyone who works there is always so friendly and courteous. The evenings when music is provided, only adds to the fun. I am so thankful we have a place that has good, affordable meals. I enjoy eating by myself or with a group of friends. I try to go at least once a week.

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 8 months ago #12433

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
While having a conversation with winemaker one night, I learned that her sister and co-owner of Louviney's makes a curried chicken dish. Now folks, this isn't listed on the menu, you have to know about it. To my taste buds this is just about the best dish in Sulphur Springs. Try it, you might like it!. Of course a glass of wine is the perfect compliment to it!

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 8 months ago #12436

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks inkeper. I will try to remember to ask for this the next time I go. I like curried dishes.

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 7 months ago #12670

• BubbasPlace
  • Expert Boarder
Went to my favorite restaurant tonight. :cheer: It was busy with a variety of people there. (families, groups, single people, a person on his cellphone texting, etc) My thanks to winemaker, she was eating with friends but took the time to come talk with me. :) I am glad it is successful in SS. I went when it was in Winnsboro. I liked the outside "patio".

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 7 months ago #12761

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm sorry to say, I have 4 lunch prizes to Louviney's from Texas Trivia and can't find the time or distance to cash 'em in. :( I Love That Place. ;)

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 7 months ago #12764

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
Went for a late lunch with Luis after the paper was done ... we had the fishcakes (Friday's special) ... yum-o! They are made with tilapia, served with a great white sauce over a bed of beefy rice ... can't beat it for $6.00.

We're going to make it a Friday ritual. B)

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 7 months ago #12804

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
Went for a late lunch with Luis after the paper was done ... we had the fishcakes (Friday's special) ... yum-o! They are made with tilapia, served with a great white sauce over a bed of beefy rice ... can't beat it for $6.00.

That sounds absolutely Fantastic. :)

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 7 months ago #12805

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder

That sounds absolutely Fantastic. :)

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 7 months ago #12810

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
I had lunch there yesterday with a group from the Symphony League. Everyone enjoyed their meal. My favorite is the Gyro sandwich. I do want to try the Friday special. What better way to celebrate Lent.

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 7 months ago #12825

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is fish cake day at LouViney's.

Luis and I are covering the Children's Concert at 1:00 ... so, I called and asked if they would hold 2 orders for us - and they said yes!

Stan Narramore is there tomorrow night. I'm think Mr. AJ and I need to come back to the city and listen to him play. Maybe he'll do "Brand New Companion" for us ... I could use a little Townes Van Zandt music in my life!

B)

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 6 months ago #13025

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
Went to the winery Thursday for lunch with Sarah Smith.

She introduced me to the flatbread sandwiches. She had chicken ... I had the Italian ... it was like an Italian Sloppy Joe. Yummy. We added a small salad. Perfect.

Then, of course, yesterday, we went for the fishcakes. They are the best value in town ... $6 for huge portion over a LOT of rice ... and bread.

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 6 months ago #13037

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
I totally agree on the fish cakes! I had a quick snack Wed. evening after church by trying the hummus. It was so good. The pita bread that accompanied it was fresh and made an excellent touch to go along with the hummus. I have to agree with the others, that Lou Viney's is a favorite place of mine to dine either in the day or evening hours.

Re:Louviney Winery & Restaurant 4 years 5 months ago #13205

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
I must provide an update. The menu has grown somewhat by new items being added. I didn't look at the menu (sorry), because I knew what I wanted. I had been in Wed. night, after church, to eat an appetizer. The people at the table next to me were trying one of the newest items--salmon with a chipotle type glaze. I went in last Fri. for lunch and tried it. Delicious!! The garlic mashed potatoes, along with the combo of yellow squash, green beans, and broccoli were the perfect additions. I usually take half my meal home to enjoy later, but not that day. It was a bit costly, but I don't plan on eating it everyday. Suzanne is a wonderful chef!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu