Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cooper Lake-Ring

Cooper Lake-Ring 4 years 2 months ago #13977

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
Unfortunately, I lost my treasured and sentimental marquise diamond ring around shelter 15 at Cooper Lake, South Sulphur Unit, about 2 weeks ago. It has six, small, marquise diamonds in a row. It isn't worth a lot of money, but meant a lot to me personally. I will provide a reward if someone should find it and return it me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cooper Lake-Ring 4 years 2 months ago #13984

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
Do you know anyone with a metal detector? Those guys are usually good about helping hunt for lost items. Sounds like a good place to go prospecting anyway.
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re:Cooper Lake-Ring 4 years 1 month ago #14212

• admin
  • Thank you received: 1
cduff, good news. Somebody found what we think is you ring and came by the newspaper office. Email me or call the newspaper office and ask for me and we'll get you in touch with them so you can describe it to them in detail to make sure it's the right one.
--
Davy Moseley, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
903-885-8663

Re: Cooper Lake-Ring 4 years 1 month ago #14213

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow. This is great good news.

Re:Cooper Lake-Ring 4 years 1 month ago #14247

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
You have got to be kidding me? I am floored. I thought that I would never see it again after some tears had been shed! I will be calling! That is amazingly unbelievable. Who do I squeeze to death with a great big hug and more appreciation than they can imagine? Thanks SSNT for having this forum in order to even post something here. It was a silly gamble I thought. Note to self: TAKE ALL JEWLERY OFF BEFORE GOING TO LAKE!

Re: Cooper Lake-Ring 4 years 1 month ago #14249

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
I just spoke with the young man's grandmother, who found my ring. I am utterly amazed at this little guy and his grandmother. What an outstanding little guy he is to be so honest and..... Brenda, I just have to say not only have you taught him a lesson in integrity and what comes to those who have it, but you taught me that all is not always lost! Thank you for what you have done. I am still in shock! What a great story! His reward is on its way! :woohoo:

Re: Cooper Lake-Ring 4 years 1 month ago #14279

this is inspiring. a friend just told me how she had her purse stolen. wish there were more people doing good like this out there.... congratulations.

Re: Cooper Lake-Ring 4 years 3 weeks ago #14325

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
Well...... little guy is going to get his picture in the weekend paper for a courtesy well done! It's all about him and his integrity for sure! Thanks Brian, you are my little angel you know! I loved that big smile too! Amanda......you have raised a wonderful, very caring, and inspiring young man.

SS News.......you guys are great, thanks so much for doing this, he deserved an article it! :silly: :silly: :woohoo:

Re: Cooper Lake-Ring 4 years 3 weeks ago #14333

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
Great story in tonight's paper. This was definitely a win/win situation for all involved. With so much of the news being negative and downcast, this was a bright spot in so many lives. Cduff, I am glad you had your ring returned. Hopefully others will be uplifted by this story and others will learn from the actions of this fine young man.

Re: Cooper Lake-Ring 4 years 3 weeks ago #14337

• cduff
  • Junior Boarder
That was my intention in hope that others would see the good in doing the right thing. Still can't believe that they gave him the front page! Way to go SSNT. Great article for sure! Truly inspiring!

Brian, Brenda and Amanda ....I hope this made your heart smile as much as it did mine! Big hugs! :kiss:

Re: Cooper Lake-Ring 4 years 3 weeks ago #14340

• brenda582
  • Fresh Boarder
I just dont think i could be any prouder of him, he is such a good boy, and i think his mom and dad have done a great job raising him to be honest and i think this really lets him know that out of doing good things, good things happen, he was just so happy when he found out that your tears were happy tears :)
Awesome story I love happy endings!!

I still can't believe they put him on the front page, :) Thank you !
Last Edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by brenda582.

Re: Cooper Lake-Ring 4 years 3 weeks ago #14343

He was well-deserving of the front page. Not enough happy news in the news these days! These are my favorite stories to write... shhhhh don't tell my sports fans. LOL ;)

I am even more thankful for honest youth after today! While picking up my youngest three children at North Hopkins today my wallet slipped out of the door and landed in the parking lot. Paco Castro, a high school student, found it and turned it into the office. I had just gotten cash too so I could take the kiddos out for milkshakes at Miller's in Cooper. I discovered it as I stopped at the flashing light, immediately called the school and turned my car around. Luckily it was waiting for me in the office.
THANK GOODNESS for GOOD DEEDS! :)

(BTW I've only lost my wallet one other time. It was after my husband had surgery at I left it on a table in McDonald's in Denton -- I manage by good graces to get it back then too. A customer found it. Turned it in and the employees locked it into the safe until I could retrieve it.) :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.488 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu