Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lost

Lost 5 years 7 months ago #1110

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow, ask and ye shall receive. Wonder if I can come here on those bad days when I feel like I've lost my mind?:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Lost 5 years 7 months ago #1111

• admin
  • Thank you received: 1
We aim to please inkeper.

Re:Lost 5 years 7 months ago #1410

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
You mean like that kid in the Peter Pan story that "lost his marbles"?
:laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re:Lost 5 years 6 months ago #1484

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
Haven't lost them all yet. They do still clatter about in my skull, but I find there is less stuff inside the skull to keep the marbles from crashing wildly into bone.:unsure:

Re:Lost 5 years 6 months ago #2130

• momof3
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow. Diesel came home! My neighbor had a yellow lab come up missing exactly 2 weeks ago today. He is a very docile dog and so afraid of storms. We were beginning to think that he was gone for good. Especially since it is a rural neighborhood and there was one of those plain white refrigerated meat trucks trying to peddle meat when he came up missing. Who would come a mile and half down a county road to peddle meat? But lo and behold he showed up on the porch today. A little thinner than he was when he left, but otherwise he seems to OK. There is a silver lining after all

Re:Lost 5 years 6 months ago #2131

• Heffie1
  • Gold Boarder
That's great. If they are like us, our animals are like family.:)
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.

Re:Lost 5 years 6 months ago #2132

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm happy for you. I know what it is like to have a pet suddenly disappear. Bet that Diesel is happy too!

sorry I misread....I thought it was your dog.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by inkeper.

Re:Lost 5 years 6 months ago #2357

• momof3
  • Platinum Boarder
It is almost like my dog. All of us here in this little "neighborhood" of sorts are like one big family. We look out and take care of each other. When a fence goes down we all fix it, when one is down in their back we all mow and shred. We take care of the empty acerage as well.

so, thanks all for the blessings!:kiss:

Re:Lost 5 years 6 months ago #2368

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy to know Diesel is back. Seen the meat truck lately? Maybe the meat wasn't good and that's why he came home. That may have been the same meat truck that came to my house this past week. Glad I didn't buy from him.

Re:Lost 5 years 6 months ago #2371

• BubbasPlace
  • Expert Boarder
That is what I thought it would be like in my neighborhood. I moved to the country because supposedly the values and morals. My neighborhood likes to talk bad about each other and not help each other out.:unsure: When I was younger, I always watched westerns because they were always so positive. I knew then I would live in the country. I moved to the country 10 years ago and have been so dishearten. Growing up I would stay with my grandmother in the summers, the neighbors would take care of each other. She would make butter and barter with the neighbors (this was the 70's). She also had a fantastic garden(I wish my gardens would turn out like hers.):cheer:

Re:Lost 5 years 6 months ago #2495

• momof3
  • Platinum Boarder
Bubba, you do sound a little lost. I can't imagine people not being friendly and neighborly. We even have some pretty good gardens going!:P

I know what you mean about grandma's. Mine are gone now, but when we lived in town there was one little lady a couple doors doen that isn't in real good helth. We always mowed her yard. She had a grandson that lives in Como that would do it, but hey we were mowing ours so we always mowed hers. When we moved to the country I told my better half one day that I was afraid no one would help her, so guess what, 6 years later we still go mow her yard.

Re:Lost 5 years 6 months ago #2507

• Crazy8
  • Expert Boarder
Momof3, how wonderful. Its those acts of kindness that truly depicts what kind of person you are. U get no reward here on earth except for the pleasure of seeing a smile of that womans face. My grandparents too have passed away and lived in Cooper and since I didn't get over there as often as I should, the little man next to them (who was in better health) would always take care of her yard and whenever we offered to pay him, he would not accept, he said very simply that is what neighbors do.

It's nice to know that there are still considerate and thoughtful people in the world, sometimes all the bad can be deceiving and discouraging.

Kudos to you and a Karma bump!:)

Re:Lost 5 years 6 months ago #2684

• BubbasPlace
  • Expert Boarder
Yep, out in the Flora community. Not very friendly. BUT I do a lot in Sulphur Springs and have met some really awesome people. People at the Timbercreek Cowboy church (Mahoney) are great also. Yes, there are positive people around.:woohoo:

Re:Lost 5 years 6 months ago #2701

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
Yep, out in the Flora community.

We sure won't hold that against cha;) I have probably waved at you before and you wondered who I was. I don't have to know ya to wave at ya.

Re:Lost 5 years 6 months ago #4234

• townsend
  • Platinum Boarder
I like the westerns too bubba- the bad guys always get shot at the end. I like the ending.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu