LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum What are YOU reading? "Night of the Howling Dogs" by: Graham Salisbury
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Night of the Howling Dogs" by: Graham Salisbury

"Night of the Howling Dogs" by: Graham Salisbury 10 months 6 hours ago #17307

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
On the Big Island of Hawaii, Dylan's Scout Troop hikes down into the desolation of an ancient lava flow to camp on a small beach below the volcano. It's Beautiful. Peaceful.

Until the world comes apart.

Foreshadowed by two mysterious howling dogs, a disaster of unearthly proportions strikes. No one is spared its horror. But over the next hours Dylan learns the true meaning of leadership and the will to survive.

More amazing is that this story actually happened.

While reading, I had memories of my own hikes down the 2,282 foot zig-zag Hilina Pali cliff trail, then 4 miles across the hot black lava fields to the ocean…Halape. A thick green coconut grove curved around a white-sand beach… and beyond, a sky blue ocean.

After a day of fishing, and a plunge into the cool brackish waters of "The Crack", we sat around our own campfire, retelling the story of Troop 77 and the earthquake and tsunami that night. (Last time I was there, the shelter and water catchment had been rebuilt… way back from the ocean.)

Attachments:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
Last Edit: 10 months 6 hours ago by StanWright.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu