Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Coffee on the Wing Beam

Coffee on the Wing Beam 11 months 1 week ago #17275

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
:) Imagine my surprise, and excitement, when I found a book about my old Navy unit, documenting the time I was there, and written by a person that I know and served with. How cool is that? Reading about VP-17 brought back a flood of memories, both good and bad.
It was kind of fun to read about something and think... not only do I remember that event, I was right in the middle of the action and knew the people involved. Thanks Mr. Mc Guiness, well done.

Title: "COFFEE ON THE WING BEAM-Memories of the P2V Neptune" By Capt. Brian McGuiness USNR (Ret.). From Operation Market Time in Vietnam to the latter days of the Cold War, with vignettes of the Pueblo seizure, the earlier Korean War, the Truculent Turtle, and all eight models of the venerable P2V Neptune aircraft. The author recalls the excitement, luck, redeemable stupidity, brilliance and shenanigans that made up the modus operandi of patrol aviation. Knights of the Red Branch Press, P.O. Box 296, Clearlake, WA 98235-0296. 140pp of text, maps and illustrations, and 16pp of photographs. Paperback $11.95 plus $3 shipping/handling. Contact author for Brochure and ordering information at (360)856-4010. [10SEP98]
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.481 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu