Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Slammed by Colleen Hoover 2 years 11 months ago #15919

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.
Just finished this book. Colleen is a local gal and this is her first book. She did an excellent job on this book in my opinion. :)
Guilt is concerned with the past. Worry is concerned about the future. Contentment enjoys the present.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slammed by Colleen Hoover 2 years 11 months ago #15920

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
Congratulations! Good for her!

Re: Slammed by Colleen Hoover 2 years 11 months ago #15921

• colleen
  • Fresh Boarder
Too cool! I just googled my book and it brought me here. lol. Glad you enjoyed it. If anyone else wants to read it, there are links on my page. www.colleenhoover.com The e-book is a whole lot cheaper than the paperback.

Thanks lighthouse! :silly:

Re: Slammed by Colleen Hoover 2 years 11 months ago #15922

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
I enjoyed it as well. I am so glad you had the drive and courage to go ahead with your dream. There are so many of those who are "shouda, coulda, and woulda" types out there who rue not going forward and "biting the bullet". You hopefully instilled that drive in all of us. Thank you. What's next?

Re: Slammed by Colleen Hoover 2 years 11 months ago #15923

• colleen
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, that's sweet. I just started my second novel last night. I've had a lot of great feedback re: the characters in Slammed, so I'm trying to work out how I can extend from the first book. The way I ended it, I made it hard for myself to leave it open for a second novel...but I'm trying! Thanks again.

Re: Slammed by Colleen Hoover 2 years 11 months ago #15924

• SmallTownGal
What's next for Colleen Hoover? Colleen dreams of ruling the world and turning every human into fans of The Avett Brothers. She would probably make it illegal to speak ill of "The Brothers". I know this to be fact.

BTW, Slammed is an awesome book. One of the best I've read.

And, yes Colleen, you know who I am. Just think about it. Don't say my name, though. :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) :P :P :P

Re: Slammed by Colleen Hoover 2 years 11 months ago #15925

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
I was told that this book might not be my cup of tea by the author, she was right. "Slammed" probably would not be a book that I would seek out if it hadn't been written by Colleen. I have known her for several years and have enjoyed watching her mind work and her unique view of people. She has surprised me many times in the past and continued to surprise me with her characters and plot of "Slammed". I found it to be an enjoyable read. I look forward to more success from this talented author.

EDIT: I did tell her that I don't drink tea by the cup.
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by inkeper.

Re: Slammed by Colleen Hoover 2 years 9 months ago #15953

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.
Just finished Colleens second book, 'Point of Retreat', a sequel to 'Slammed'. Another excellent, must read!
Guilt is concerned with the past. Worry is concerned about the future. Contentment enjoys the present.

Re: Slammed by Colleen Hoover 2 years 1 month ago #16300

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
Just an update on Colleen. Yes she did release the sequel to "Slammed", "Point of Retreat"... both have been optioned to a successful production company for consideration to be made into a movie. She is working on two more books now, another book in the "Slammed" series that should be out sometime next year. She is nearly done with a stand alone novel tentatively entitled "Hopeless".

A few weeks ago on facebook she posted a typical Colleen statement. She said she had to take a few minutes away from writing as one of her characters had just done something that really upset her. I think she said "pissed off" to be exact. Maybe it's just me, but I found that very funny.

'

Re: Slammed by Colleen Hoover 2 years 1 month ago #16305

• SmallTownGal
Since you brought this thread back to life, inkeper, I thought I'd share that Colleen's book Slammed is a nominee for Best Young Adult Fiction in the Goodreads Choice Awards 2012. If you would like to vote for her book here is the link: www.goodreads.com/choiceawards/best-youn...-Young-Adult-Fiction

Just hover your mouse over Slammed and click vote. I ought to note that you may have to sign in with your Facebook account or create an account. But please go vote for her!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu