LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum Home Share Fleas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fleas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fleas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 6 days ago #9784

• Heffie1
  • Gold Boarder
Does anyone know anything great that will kill fleas. Have tried different things and nothing seems to help!!
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Fleas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 6 days ago #9789

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
I buy Frontline spray from petmeds.com. It's much cheaper from them than it is anywhere else. The nice thing about it too is that the one bottle can be used on cats and dogs both. Unlike the vials, which are sold specifically for cats or dogs. I typically only have to use it once in the spring and it works for the whole summer. I haven't seen a flea on any of my pets since I treated them in June. It doesn't take much, and I have had this one small bottle for 2 years. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats.

If you get them in the house, and you have carpet, sprinkle salt. It will dehydrate them. Leave it down a couple of days, vaccuum, and then sprinkle more out. Repeat as often as needed. There is also a powder in the pet departments you sprinkle on the carpets, leave for a day or two and then vaccuum up. It has worked well for me too.

Re:Fleas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 6 days ago #9811

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
When I lived in town I got a bad case of fleas in the house. The dogs had them extremely bad, they were outside. After I started using frontline, the dogs lost them and for some reason they were also gone in the house. I did bomb several times too, they are a pain to get rid of. I think we even tried the salting of the house also, that probably helped too. I'm not sure which one got rid of them, probably a combination of them all. I do know that the flea infestation in the back yard went away a week or so after we started using the frontline.
Good luck Heffie.

Re:Fleas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 4 days ago #9874

• momof3
  • Platinum Boarder
Frontline is good on the animals. If the fleas are in the carpet you can sprinkle salt or borax (20 mule team) on the carpet to get rid of the fleas. In the yard, you can sprinkle diatomaceous earth to kill them or in the sand cover the sand with black plastic for 3-4 days and the heat generated will kill the fleas. Don't forget to treat the pets bedding and dog houses (sevin dust 10%) as well.

Re:Fleas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 4 days ago #9903

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
There used to be a woman here in town who would come spray for fleas. You had to leave the house for many hours -- but you wouldn't see a flea (or any bug) for a year after she was through. I never knew what she sprayed (she wouldn't say) ... but it worked. Of course, she died at a very early age, too ....

Re:Fleas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 4 days ago #9919

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
True but she didn't have pest control license. :huh:

Re:Fleas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 years 4 days ago #9925

• momof3
  • Platinum Boarder
I used a license pest control one time. Caused my dog to go blind. I will never use anything that powerful again. Of course now the damage is done. And to answer before anyone asks, the ground was allowed to dry for 24 hours before the dogs were put back on it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu