LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum Home Share Beer & Wine Sales in S.S.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beer & Wine Sales in S.S.

Beer & Wine Sales in S.S. 2 years 6 months ago #16036

• grasshopper
  • Expert Boarder
There is a movement afoot to get enough signatures to allow beer & wine sales in Sulphur Springs. I think this is a good idea to increase our tax base, give locals (who are taxed to death), a break, and will also encourage more restaurants in our area. Currently folks drive to Cumby, Emory, or the lake to make their purchases anyway. Sulphur Springs is missing the boat on tax revenues! Beer is like tobacco. You'll never get rid of it. Local sales might not only increase local tax revenues, but keep more D.W.I.'s off our highways! :blink:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Beer & Wine Sales in S.S. 2 years 6 months ago #16037

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
Only registered voters living inside the city limits can sign the petition, apparently. That's a shame. There are so many registered voters outside the limits but in the county that buy in the city. I would definitely sign if I could. I think it's inevitable that it will pass, but when? We'll never be able to stop all drinking and driving, but the shorter distance from store to home would surely reduce the temptation to pop the top for many. The money that would stay here instead of going to other towns would go along way in providing better wages and insurance for police officers and preventing cutbacks in those departments.

Re: Beer & Wine Sales in S.S. 2 years 6 months ago #16041

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
:)
Every time I hear the Garth Brooks song, "B double E double RUN"

and hear the line:
" Can't help thinking what the hell they were drinking when they made this county dry"...

Well I think of Sulphur Springs....
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu