Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ice Cream Cone Cakes

Ice Cream Cone Cakes 3 years 4 months ago #15352

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
Ice Cream Cone Cakes
These were served at a kids birthday party and everyone thought they were great.
I went on line for the recipe... simple enough that even I could make it. LOL

Ingredients:
1 box of cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on the cake mix box.
24 flat-bottom ice cream cones
1 or 2 containers of frosting (your favorite flavor)

Step 1
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. (325 for dark or nonstick pans) Place paper backing cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.

Step 2
Make cake batter as directed on box. Fill each cup 2/3 full of batter (1 heaping tablespoon each) Place ice cream cone upside down on batter in each cup.

Step 3
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean ((cones may tilt on batter) Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Remove paper baking cups. Generously frost cake with frosting, and decorate as desired. Store loosely covered.
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by StanWright.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ice Cream Cone Cakes 3 years 4 months ago #15353

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
These are very festive-looking, Stan. I have made these several times, but I made the batter and frosting from "scratch". The frosting was that good old butter frosting (like my mother makes). Wow, is that stuff good!! I put chopped nuts and miniature marshmallows in the frosting. I just baked mine in the cones themselves. I put the cones in muffin pans, filled the cones 2/3 full, and was very careful not to knock the cones over. If they were any left over for more than a day (usually there wasn't any left over), the cones tended to get a bit tough. At least I didn't have to remove the wrappers. I never could find those things in my kitchen. It's a good thing to make on a rainy day--which is happening right now--only I don't want to get out and get the cones :laugh: Thank you for reminding me about these wonderful treats.

Re: Ice Cream Cone Cakes 3 years 4 months ago #15356

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
That's what I was thinking... just stand the cones up on their flat little bottoms and not mess with the paper. Of all the recipes I read, none did it way though. :) You're right, they never last long enough to store them. :laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu