LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum Home Share Life's little cooking lessons....
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Life's little cooking lessons....

Life's little cooking lessons.... 3 years 5 months ago #15229

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
As I was preparing dinner, I grabbed the large end of the potato and began peeling the smaller end. However, when I switched ends, I found it very difficult to hold on to the now slippery, skinny end of the potato. My conclusion... When peeling potatoes, grab hold of the unpeeled skinny end and use the potato peeler on the fat end first. It is easier to hold onto the peeled fat end of a potato than to hold on to the pealed skinny end of the potato. This is something I will remember in the future.

I did remember when I got to the carrots.... worked like a charm... until about the 4th carrot when I peeled the skinny end first.

I've noticed that as I get older I'm starting to have problems with short term memory....
I'm also having problems with short term memory. :huh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Life's little cooking lessons.... 3 years 5 months ago #15237

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
StanWright wrote:
As I was preparing dinner, I grabbed the large end of the potato and began peeling the smaller end. However, when I switched ends, I found it very difficult to hold on to the now slippery, skinny end of the potato. My conclusion... When peeling potatoes, grab hold of the unpeeled skinny end and use the potato peeler on the fat end first. It is easier to hold onto the peeled fat end of a potato than to hold on to the pealed skinny end of the potato. This is something I will remember in the future.

I did remember when I got to the carrots.... worked like a charm... until about the 4th carrot when I peeled the skinny end first.

I've noticed that as I get older I'm starting to have problems with short term memory....
I'm also having problems with short term memory. :huh:

Thanks for the tip.

I find as the older I get the attention span gets smaller and are the Rangers playing tonight?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu