Login | Create an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum Home Share No Chocolate for the Dog and Me.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: No Chocolate for the Dog and Me.

No Chocolate for the Dog and Me. 3 years 10 months ago #14842

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
No Chocolate for the dog and me.

Any dog owner will tell you that chocolate is not good for dogs. Eating chocolate can kill a dog. It's the Theobromine. My doctor informs me that it can kill me too.
He said; "If the dog can't eat it, neither can you".

I LOVE CHOCOLATE. But 2 or 3 chocolate covered cherries.... and it won't be long till it's off to the emergency room. OK, I can live without chocolate... (pun intended)

The hard part is finding something that does not have chocolate in it. Check out the candy the next time your in a store. Chocolate in everything. Same with cookies.... and lots of other foods.

Speaking of cookies.... just Google... Toll House Cookies...
Original NESTLE' Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies is #1 on the list.
This famous classic American cookie is a treat no matter what the age or occasion. Enjoy it with a glass of cold milk. "Bake someone LOVE for Christmas". There are more recopies listed than, than, well, than Nestlé has little chocolate chips.

But try to get someone to bake the cookies WITH OUT the chocolate chips... sacrilege.
Living without chocolate is an up hill battle.
But at least I have my dogs to keep me company.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: No Chocolate for the Dog and Me. 3 years 10 months ago #14843

• kat2jab
  • Senior Boarder
StanWright:

Bummer for you. :(

However, look up snickerdoodle cookie recipe. Do NOT add cinnamon coating. Use ALL butter (the real thing). You will get a wonderful buttery, sugar cookie.

BTW, last year's valentine super dark chocolate bar for my honey was placed on her upright dresser. Our little dog managed to climb and jump to a height of 4 ft. to eat 3/4 of a bar. After a quick dash to the vet, our dog was fine. Now all chocolate is locked up in the pantry.

Re: No Chocolate for the Dog and Me. 3 years 10 months ago #14847

• tjs
  • Gold Boarder
Stan, I bet you could make the cookies yourself without chocolate chips. They have all flavors of "chips" now as well; peanut butter, butterscotch, white chocolate. You may come up with a new favorite!!

Love me some raw cookie dough! If I could only eat it while keeping the hubby and kids out of it!!

Re: No Chocolate for the Dog and Me. 3 years 10 months ago #14848

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
I just can't imagine life without chocolate. My favorite cookie is the "Old Fashion Tea Cakes", no chocolate at all. My grandmother would bake a big batch of them and store them in a bag in the freezer. She took out what she thought we would eat while we were there, but if we ran short, they were good straight from the freezer too. I guess I should keep them for my own grandkids, but I would probably end up eating most of them myself.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.449 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu