LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum Home Share Sweet Potato in the Rice Cooker.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sweet Potato in the Rice Cooker.

Sweet Potato in the Rice Cooker. 4 years 2 months ago #14070

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
Sweet Potato in the Rice Cooker.
Rice cookers aren't just for rice any more. Growing up with potatoes in Texas, the shift to rice at every meal was a kind of cultural shock. You adjust, now days when I'm away from Hawaii for a while I kind of miss my "2 scoops, sticky rice".

Fixing rice is easy...
1. Wash the rice in cold water. (it has a kind of powder on it right out of the bag)
2. Put the rice in the rice cooker.
3. Add water. (3 cups rice - 4 cups water) another way to measure it is to add water till it's 1 inch deep over the rice.... touch the rice with your finger, the water should come up to the first joint.
4. Push the "start" button and wait for the "ready" light to come on. Easy.

I just learned you can cook sweet potatoes* in the rice cooker. Doesn't matter the size of the potato. Just put it into the rice cooker, add one inch of water, close the lid, and hit the "start" button. Perfectly cooked sweet potatoes every time.

* You'll notice the "sweet potatoes" in the picture isn't the same color as the kind we find in Texas. That's because the Texas one is a "Yam". Real "sweet potatoes" are a bright purple inside, where as yams are a golden orange. That was another cultural shock... "What this, purple sweet potatoes"???
Not bad, but I'll stick with my Texas Sweet Tater, thank you very much.
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by StanWright.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu