LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum Home Share What's cooking at your house??
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What's cooking at your house??

Re:What's cooking at your house?? 4 years 9 months ago #11844

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
Injected and deep fried my turkey yesterday. Dang it was good. ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What's cooking at your house?? 4 years 9 months ago #12108

The cookbooks are here. I'll have some at the newspaper if ya'll decide you want one. They turned out really well, I think, with a good mixture of recipes.

Here's a photo. They're $25. All proceeds go to my friend Vicki who needs a heart transplant and faces astronomical bills for anti-rejection drugs for as long as she lives.

Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by terrymathews.

Re:What's cooking at your house?? 4 years 8 months ago #12167

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
I was planning to pick up some of the recipe books to give as Christmas gifts, but just ran out of time, so I went by today. Spent the afternoon reading all the different recipes. Everything looks so good. I guess extending the season is a good thing. The recipients of the extras know I have them and are thrilled to be getting them. Now all I have to do is thumb through, choose what I want to have and tell them which pages to go to and they can cook it all for me. Life is soooo good.

Re:What's cooking at your house?? 4 years 8 months ago #12172

anon wrote:
I was planning to pick up some of the recipe books to give as Christmas gifts, but just ran out of time, so I went by today. Spent the afternoon reading all the different recipes. Everything looks so good. I guess extending the season is a good thing. The recipients of the extras know I have them and are thrilled to be getting them. Now all I have to do is thumb through, choose what I want to have and tell them which pages to go to and they can cook it all for me. Life is soooo good.

It was so nice to meet you, anon. Hope you enjoy the recipes ... or your recipients do. Don't forget the olives. They are to die for. I always have a batch in the fridge. I just take out what I want, zap 'em for about 10-15 seconds and dig in. I do add more citrus than called for (both zest and juice) and I leave out the fennel, but otherwise, I make 'em like the recipe.

Take care and let me know what you try and what turns out to be your favorite!

Re:What's cooking at your house?? 4 years 8 months ago #12173

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
It was nice to meet you too AJ, thanks. I will definitely let you know what all we try and how it tastes. I will try the olives but there so many good looking recipes, it's going to tough deciding what to do first.

Re:What's cooking at your house?? 4 years 8 months ago #12197

One of my co-workers got 2 and Anon bought 3, so I'm out of cookbooks here at the newspaper.

I'll bring some from home. They'll be here Monday.

Happy New Year!
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu