Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crime Rate

Crime Rate 1 year 8 months ago #16489

• buckrack8
  • Expert Boarder
Just wondering if the crime rate in the city has gone up since beer and wine sales have started?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Crime Rate 1 year 8 months ago #16494

• grasshopper
  • Expert Boarder
buckrack8 wrote:
Just wondering if the crime rate in the city has gone up since beer and wine sales have started?

Probably not. And another added bonus is the drunks don't have as far to drive. :laugh:

Re: Crime Rate 1 year 8 months ago #16496

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
I didn't know when the sale of beer and wine would go into effect, so when I returned to town on New Year's Eve, I was surprised to see folks with their purchases. I was in Brookshire's getting crackers for a gathering at my church and I looked around and saw several folks I had never seen in the store. One guy stood out in particular. I'll call him "Bubba-no-teeth". He stood in line with a 24-pack under each arm. I guess he had a great New Year's Eve!?! Thank goodness (hopefully) this guy didn't get out any more that night. That's been the only time I have seen a big buy of liquid. Has anyone seen a report on the income from taxes?

Re: Crime Rate 1 year 7 months ago #16534

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
I couldn't sign the petitions or vote on the props, but would have if I had been living inside the city limits. I was glad that they passed. Having said that, I bought my first bottle of wine almost 2 weeks ago. I've yet to open it. But it's there and ready.

Re: Crime Rate 1 year 7 months ago #16536

• dee
  • Fresh Boarder
SS and HC crime stats are released every 6 months, January and July. Can compare next ones in July ... although DWi is not part of standard UCR reports ... so you will have to judge for yourself.

To keep up with alcohol-related offense, read For the Record in the News-Telegram. Has daily police/sheriff's reports, including alcohol-related offenses.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu