Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Restaurant

New Restaurant 2 years 6 months ago #16031

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.
Just read in the paper that the city council rezoned an area for a restaurant on the SW corner of Camp and League Street. Anyone have any info on what type of restaurant? I am hoping for a Denny's. :silly:
Guilt is concerned with the past. Worry is concerned about the future. Contentment enjoys the present.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by lighthousecollector.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Restaurant 2 years 6 months ago #16033

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
I would like a Dennys also, but I think they would build up on I 30 near/next to a motel. :)
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re: New Restaurant 2 years 5 months ago #16059

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
I heard this morning that someone is putting a 'sit-down' bar-b-que place in that location. :)

I also heard that I-Hop purchased the old fish restaurant next to Juan Pablos.

I hope this information is correct. Anyone heard anything about either of these two places?
Guilt is concerned with the past. Worry is concerned about the future. Contentment enjoys the present.

Re: New Restaurant 2 years 5 months ago #16060

• lighthousecollector
  • Platinum Boarder
Today I heard that Cotton Patch bought the old Sonic location. Wish all this was true. It sure would be nice to have a larger selection of restaurants in town. :)

Re: New Restaurant 2 years 5 months ago #16061

• terrymathews
  • Platinum Boarder
We love the Cotton Patch. Mr. Mathews is from Nacogdoches. We visit there everytime we travel to see his mama. Yum.

Re: New Restaurant 2 years 5 months ago #16062

• SmallTownGal
The Cotton Patch company bought Pizza Hut and the lot next to the old Sonic (where the used car place was). That was in the newspaper shortly after the purchase was done. While they did purchase the lot and cleared it, they said they had no future plans in place at the moment. I've not heard that they purchased the old Sonic lot, though. Was it even up for sale? I don't ever recall it being placed on the market.

I have heard the rumor about IHOP but I won't believe a thing until I see something in the paper verifying that purchase or a IHOP sign going up. The IHOP rumor has been around for too many years for me to believe it without significant enough proof. It's kind of like the Target rumor that has been going around for years and years. Just saying.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by SmallTownGal.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu