Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: driver in training??

driver in training?? 4 years 7 months ago #13320

• my way
  • Fresh Boarder
So while I'm thinking about it, I am also looking for a safe place to let my driver in training child a place to get a feel for being behind the wheel? Anyone have any suggestions on this one...I'm from the school of being left alone in a pasture and told to take the truck and trailer home.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:driver in training?? 4 years 7 months ago #13322

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
I first learned to drive in shopping center or church parking lots during the less busy times of course. It was a good place to learn how touchy the gas pedal and brake was. There are lots of pretty decent FM and county roads to practice on as well.

I was pretty mean to my wife , girlfriend at the time, when I was teaching her how to drive a manual transmission... I made her stop in the middle of a medium steep incline, then told her to let out the clutch while coming off the foot brake and applying the gas. I think she tried it twice before she turned off the ignition, set the parking brake, got out of the car and then opened my door, waited until I finished laughing before demanding that I stop embarrassing her and for me to get us home, NOW!. She eventually got the hang of it and prefers her little sporty car with the six speed (which she rarely lets me drive) over my mid size SUV with the automatic.

Re:driver in training?? 4 years 7 months ago #13337

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
dad taught me on all the FM roads and the country roads in the outlying areas around SS. Of course, I also learned those roads for when we wanted to find more "private" places when i was dating...LOL. There's plenty of road for a kid to learn to drive and to get comfortable under the wheel. one of the great things about SS.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu