Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: local schools?

local schools? 4 years 7 months ago #13319

• my way
  • Fresh Boarder
so I know school is about out for the summer, but I was wondering which local Hopkins County school was the best for our young children? trying to get a scope for the area...any help would be great. Really want to keep them in the small school environment they are used accustom to being.
Thanks.

B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:local schools? 4 years 7 months ago #13346

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
How small is small??

SS schools?

North Hopkins??

Cumby??

Re:local schools? 4 years 7 months ago #13355

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
All the schools are good around the area. The Sulphur Springs high school did get an "academically unacceptable" rating from the state though, science I believe it was. They'll have that fixed right up in no time though.

Page 7, mid-way through.
ritter.tea.state.tx.us/perfreport/account/2009/multiyearau.pdf

Re:local schools? 4 years 7 months ago #13359

• tjs
  • Gold Boarder
Also, when you say best, do you mean academically? Even though S.S. high school was given that unacceptable rating, I think they offer more academic and athletic options than some of the smaller school districts. It will be up to your child (and the parents I suppose) if they make the most of those options, because they won't be pushed too hard by the school system.

Can't say anything about surrounding small districts, because I haven't had any personal experience with them.

FYI, if you don't live in the S.S. school district, I think your chances of transferring your kids here are slim to none.

Re:local schools? 4 years 6 months ago #13545

• docziggy
  • Gold Boarder
It also depends on your child's needs. If you do not have MH/MR issues (we did, and had to leave town) then you can get a good education at just about any of the schools there. The curriculum is laid out for the teachers and they do a pretty good job of getting it over.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu