Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: anyone know of work

anyone know of work 4 years 5 months ago #13201

• nate01
  • Fresh Boarder
I will be moving back to ss in may, was just wanting to ask and see if anyone knew of any jobs in ss?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:anyone know of work 4 years 5 months ago #13203

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
good luck, nate.

Re:anyone know of work 4 years 5 months ago #13209

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
nate01 wrote:
I will be moving back to ss in may, was just wanting to ask and see if anyone knew of any jobs in ss?

what kind of job are you looking for, Nate??

Re:anyone know of work 4 years 5 months ago #13213

• anon
  • Platinum Boarder
nate01 wrote:

If you're moving back, you will probably want to get the newspaper. Might I suggest, if you haven't already done it, that you subscribe to the online newspaper. It's a little cheaper than the paper version and has everything the paper has, with the exception of Sunday's comic. You might be able to find something in the classified ads that will be appealing, or at least give you an idea as to what is around. You might also check with the temp agencies to see what might be available. Several companies hire their permanent employees through the temp agencies. Good luck in your search and welcome back to SS.

Re:anyone know of work 4 years 5 months ago #13218

• nate01
  • Fresh Boarder
Im looking for anything at the moment

Re:anyone know of work 4 years 5 months ago #13219

• tjs
  • Gold Boarder
You might try Indeed Job Alert (Indeed.com) They will send of a daily e-mail of online job listings in your zip code area. Might be surprised what shows up!

Re:anyone know of work 4 years 5 months ago #13224

• ProfLady
  • Junior Boarder
Welcome Back Nate....

Check with the Texas Workforce Commission - many times jobs are listed there that aren't listed elsewhere, of course checkou tthe paper and the local temporary agencies. We've got Atwoods coming in before long and Lowes has had several listings on the job boards - Indeed.com lately. Good Luck!!

Re:anyone know of work 4 years 5 months ago #13233

• sniper101
  • Platinum Boarder
What do you do for a living?

Re:anyone know of work 4 years 4 months ago #13297

• horsepal
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, rather than start a new topic, thought I'd post in here.

My husband lived and worked in the SS area from 1985 to 1996 and owned a home in SS at that time. He has been talking that he wants us to move back because we both like the country life and he says the SS area is exceptional.

So we've been kicking this around and were curious what the work environment is like. In the past he never had trouble getting a job there. Seems that people who want to work always found it. He is a journeyman electrician with additional experience in everything construction (he built our home from the ground up), tractor mechanics is also a favorite of his and he has had several years single up on a 140 head dairy and is a good all around hand.

Our kids are grown and living in Houston. As for me, I'm a graphic artist (work from home) and rodeo / horse show photographer. I love horses (we have three). I have not lived in SS but I visited it when we became engaged and loved it.

Looking forward to any feedback.

Re:anyone know of work 4 years 4 months ago #13300

• muu
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome to the group. If your hubby is not too picky, he should have no trouble getting some kind of job around here. There are always lots of "help wanted" ads in the local paper. As you likely already know, our local Civic Center arena and the Horse Pavillion are very popular with horse show folks. It seems there are events almost every weekend. I don't know about the photograpers, but the shows/opportunities are here.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu