Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'm Back!

I'm Back! 4 years 8 months ago #12967

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey folks - finally made it back from vacation. We were stuck up in Salt Lake City with car trouble for an extra few days.

Suffice it to say, I'm fed up with the mountains and snow. And long driving trips. Got in yesterday & I'm still wiped!

Hope you guys had a great time & it looks like I've got lots to catch up from all y'alls postings.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I'm Back! 4 years 8 months ago #12974

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
We've never seen Mt. Rushmore..... and are planning to fly into Denver and drive from there....
Mabe make a swing over to Yellowstone, head south and back through Colorado.....
But we're sure going to wait till all that cold white stuff melts.
:laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re:I'm Back! 4 years 8 months ago #12976

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
waiting - good idea! we were silly enough to think that the loooong drive (24 hours each way) would be "fun". granted, we saw some of the most beautiful scenery - each curve brought some "ooo, look at that" and "wow!" that's for sure.

and i've been convinced that skiing is for younger and thinner folks. well, younger at least. jeez. still fun, but man oh man. i hurt for a couple days after so much so we went in for massages to get over that stiffness.

Re:I'm Back! 4 years 8 months ago #12977

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
Stan, I remember going to Yellowstone in July, and my sister and I had a snowball fight. Just go and see all those great views. Maybe you will be able to have a snowball fight too. Some things have changed in some of the parks. In some of them, you cannot get as close to things as was once possible. That is in parking or even driving to as my parents, sister and I once did. That is such a shame. I am so glad I have the memories and pictures of those visits. Make sure when you do go keep us posted!

Re:I'm Back! 4 years 8 months ago #13002

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
heartandmind wrote:
waiting - good idea! we were silly enough to think that the loooong drive (24 hours each way) would be "fun". granted, we saw some of the most beautiful scenery - each curve brought some "ooo, look at that" and "wow!" that's for sure.

and i've been convinced that skiing is for younger and thinner folks. well, younger at least. jeez. still fun, but man oh man. i hurt for a couple days after so much so we went in for massages to get over that stiffness.

Welcome back Heart!! and don't worry -- the soreness will go away -- eventually!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu