Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 4 Way Stops

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 7 months ago #13004

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
Not sure how that makes me a "bad driver" there Sam?

I was quoting you from an ancient post and by large I pictured a dually. Anyone that drives a dually from Davis to the square IS a bad driver.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 7 months ago #13015

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
Sammie wrote:
Not sure how that makes me a "bad driver" there Sam?

I was quoting you from an ancient post and by large I pictured a dually. Anyone that drives a dually from Davis to the square IS a bad driver.

Holy Cow we agree on something!

I'm not even sure what to think of this world anymore!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 7 months ago #13019

• page
I dont see how if I had still had my dually and I want to drive that street how that would make me a bad driver. Did any moron take into consideration that this is a farm town. Does our tax dollar not take care of our streets. Oh I guess not most of them are un-driveable do to the craters in them. So I am pretty sure I would take Main to get to drive on a good road. MOVE OVER!!!!!!! HONK, HONK

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 7 months ago #13021

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
Page Wrote:

Did any moron take into consideration that this is a farm town.

You MUST be talking about Mark Maxwell and the City Council when you speak of the narrow design, Page.

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 7 months ago #13023

• phurrchild
  • Expert Boarder
I agree on all the headaches that 4-way stops cause. It makes me very irritated when those who have stopped cannot pay attention to when their turn comes. Then there are those who "jump the gun" and go out of turn, someone honks their horn at them, and then the one who caused the problem has to make a statement by "showing their age" (1); only it isn't the finger you normally would use to show the age of 1. My other beef are those who are waiting for the light to change. They are at the head of the line (which is long), usually they are distracted by the numerous things that one does to be distracted, and most times are the only one to get through the light. The "bridge light" is the most noted one to have this occur.

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 7 months ago #13066

• Rebound
  • Fresh Boarder
You've got to remember that in some instances you have to be able to count to four to correctly negotiate a four-way stop. Sadly, for some I've met, this extent of mental gymnastics is too taxing to calculate with any accuracy.

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 7 months ago #13130

• new2country
  • Senior Boarder
I think you all are spoiled. i mean that in the politest way. I have been pleased at how nice most of the drivers are out here. I'm comparing to metroplex traffic of course, but I'll take the occasional hiccup in the driving etiquette I've seen in Sulphur Springs any day.

:) I especially like it when someone waves at me and smiles for no apparent reason. It's much better than the middle finger. ;)

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 6 months ago #13196

• Gabrovic
  • Gold Boarder
I hear ya. I spent 12 years in Chicago where road rage was invented and honed to a fine art. Coming to Texas in '84 was a large, but very positive culture shock.
"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frederic Bastiat (19th century French economist)

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 6 months ago #13199

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
dallas drivers are nuts, due largely i'm guessing to the influx of non-texans. i've had middle fingers flung my way and a gun pointed at me (back in '93 a guy chased me north on loop 12, into heavy bumper to bumper traffic on i35 - all the way, rushing to get around me slamming on his breaks every time my traffic lane went ahead of his...only to finally screech to a halt by the forest lane exit on i35, pull up his pistol and chamber a round - that's when i literally dove off the freeway onto forest lane exit to avoid being shot.)

i recall back in the 80s and 90s a spate of gun play on central expressway in dallas due to road rage. and a couple fist fights in rush hour traffic.

it's crazy out there & i'm so lucky not to have to deal with that sort of traffic any longer since i live & work way outside that area. ss has no idea how lucky it is NOT to have those idiots around either. yea, on fridays at the banks & downtown in may be a little hectic...but you've got it made for sure!
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by heartandmind.

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 6 months ago #13211

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
Several years ago, at least 10, I was talking to a 30 something lady who had just parked her car in front of Burtons and just sat there looking somewhat distressed. I asked if she was ok and she replied that she was now. I was concerned and continued to query her as to what was wrong. She explained that she lived in Bogota, and driving to the east side of Sulphur Springs was as much big city driving that she could stand. Her younger sister was on her way to take her into town for the afternoon. When I recall the look on her face I still chuckle. :laugh:

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 6 months ago #13215

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
well, there are times in SS that can be scary on the roads! i recall my dad saying to "watch out for those ladies in cadillacs downtown - they drive like they own the road!"

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 6 months ago #13226

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
I was told that Saturday morning was the worst time to drive......
"All those farmers come to town once a month and think they own the road."
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re:4 Way Stops 4 years 6 months ago #13228

• muu
  • Gold Boarder
Some of us geezers remember when all the highways came right around the square. That was before I30 and US 67 came into town on Jefferson, and went onto Main Street to head west on to Greenville. 18-wheelers hated turning from the square onto Main. It was a tight turn, and woe be to any driver who happened to be headed east and caught at the traffic light there when a big truck or a truck pulling a long trailer came your way..
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu