LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Letters To Santa

Letters To Santa 5 years 10 months ago #128

When reading the "Letters to Santa" in the Dec. 15 paper, I was somehow not surprised to see that it's apparently okay for a kindergartner in the United States, in a taxpayer-funded school, to write their letter to santa in Spanish. :unsure:
"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber." ~Plato
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Letters To Santa 5 years 10 months ago #144

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
I the words of Yakov Schmirnoff, (I think you have to be at least 35 years old to know who he is)..."America, what a wonderful country!"

Re:Letters To Santa 5 years 10 months ago #148

• Crazy8
  • Expert Boarder
Ya know, speaking of letters to Santa, they HAVE changed. I've always enjoyed reading them and seeing how young kids would misspell the words, write backwards, etc. Now, some teachers have the kids write the letters, correct the mistakes, them re-write them. My son brought his home and was instructed to have me help him write his letter. I miss the old way of doing things. It was more entertaining the old way.

Re:Letters To Santa 5 years 10 months ago #156

• Heffie1
  • Gold Boarder
I also love reading Letters to Santa, the kids should be able to list whatever they want if it is 1 present or 100 presents. This is their time to express themselves, it needs to be their words. Not fill in the blank.
Like all of the teachers are going to.
. :woohoo:
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.

Re:Letters To Santa 5 years 10 months ago #157

• JimBoze
  • Fresh Boarder
Heffie,
There is no way a kid needs 100 gifts. And you know most kids want the teachers to do their work for them.

Re:Letters To Santa 5 years 10 months ago #163

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
I thought the Spanish one was kinda funny. It's what this country is coming too -- sad --- but still funny. I agree with the others --- I like it when the kids were free to write whatever they wanted (mispellings and all) .... now its become a writing exercise for the teachers. It's a good idea -- but takes a lot of the fun out of it for us readers. :silly:

Re:Letters To Santa 5 years 10 months ago #175

• kittie
As cute as it is with the misspellings and all, its kind of sad, especially if this was something their teachers had them do. What kind of message does that send? And I'll cut it off there so not to invite chaos into the thread.

But I have wonder about all these kids starting their letters with "I love you, Santa." I don't remember ever professing love to Santa as a child?

Re:Letters To Santa 5 years 10 months ago #191

• Rebound
  • Fresh Boarder
THANK YOU for pointing out this egregious atrocity!:angry:

Spanish, indeed. EVERYBODY knows that they should be teaching kids how to write to Santa in Elven languages!B)

Re:Letters To Santa 5 years 10 months ago #193

• jane
  • Senior Boarder
I didn't see the letter.
I'd like to know what everyone finds so sad?
Could someone please post it here?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.982 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu