LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Big Thank You

A Big Thank You 4 years 9 months ago #12736

I just wanted to extend "a BIG thank you" to all the great feedback I recently received on my feature story "If You Were Mine" that ran on the front page of Monday, Feb. 22 edition of the News-Telegram and online on our site as well. I wasn't sure how my story would be received by readers.

It was written from a personal angle on a very personal subject. My adoption and my reunion with my biological parents is something I have shared over the years with great emotion but have never put into the written word until now.

I guess between having the drive to prove to myself and others that I could do it and the opportunity that lay at my feet, I took it as a sign. The timing was right. And to my surprise, the readers of Hopkins County proved to me that it really must have been.

Thanks again to all of those that shed tears with me re-living my journey that I took over the 12 years. I hope that I can bring more of that into my writing. Although I might have trouble topping that one.

It is time for more feel-good stories in the news. As I've been known to say, "I like writing happy headlines." :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:A Big Thank You 4 years 9 months ago #12739

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
good for you to face that mountain and scale it. i've had a couple close friends through the yrs that were adopted and did the same. it's always an emotional road because you don't know where it'll lead. it takes a lot of courage to take that route. i'm glad it worked out well for you.

Re:A Big Thank You 4 years 9 months ago #12768

thanks for the kind words. always look for the happy endings... :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu