LoginCreate an account

Username: Password:

Home Forum mySSnews.com Forum Only In Sulphur Springs Extension programs in Spanish?!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Extension programs in Spanish?!

Extension programs in Spanish?! 4 years 7 months ago #12482

I was just informed that there will be a dairy workshop held by our Hopkins County Extension agent and it's going to be held in SPANISH. Seriously? Grrrrrrrr...... THIS IS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber." ~Plato
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Extension programs in Spanish?! 4 years 7 months ago #12483

• inkeper
  • Platinum Boarder
Roxy I admire your continued passion about this subject, I personally don't agree with everything you do, but still admire your stance. We all know that this is America, where the vast majority of people speak and understand English, but it is not the official language, we don't have one. England has an official language, English, but not us. Roxy why don't you fight on a bigger field than this small town forum to force a change to making English the official language. I will support you in that fight. As a matter of fact, it might not be a bad idea to inform immigration of this Spanish speaking dairy workshop. Surely they could get some of the illegals deported.

Re:Extension programs in Spanish?! 4 years 7 months ago #12486

You would think it would basically be a round up for illegals working on dairies, but it's like everything else, the government won't touch them. I was watching a piece about the census takers and how they are going to these illegal communities where 100-300 illegals live in trailer parks and taking the census. The sheriff is right there with them, they have always known all these people are there, and they won't do anything. I just find it annoying that (like we do with most criminals) the government has taken such a "turn the other cheek" position. And worse, programs are now being catered to these people. I just feel like if I'm going to pay taxes, occasionally, maybe they could be use to fund something I actually support.
"Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber." ~Plato

Re:Extension programs in Spanish?! 4 years 7 months ago #12490

• heartandmind
  • Platinum Boarder
roxy, what sort of programs would you support? what sort of program do you need to make your life better? and how would they be enacted and funded? how much would they cost? which ones could be eliminated? how would the news ones be handled so that only legal citizens of our country could take advantage of them?

not to be mean here, but I'm really curious as to what would be beneficial to the real hard working tax paying individuals. what some more conservative type voters would condone our public funds spent on.

Re:Extension programs in Spanish?! 4 years 7 months ago #12493

• buckrack8
  • Expert Boarder
I know, fix hwy 154 and the potholes in town, and Houston street.

Re:Extension programs in Spanish?! 4 years 7 months ago #12502

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
The pot hole on Bell Street in front of the Middle School has been there (UNREPAIRED) for 4 years. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Re:Extension programs in Spanish?! 4 years 7 months ago #12503

• tjs
  • Gold Boarder
Amen Sammie~
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu