Username: Password:

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile Dental

Mobile Dental 5 years 8 months ago #1070

• Meri
  • Expert Boarder
My child brought a form home from a mobile dental dentist thingy today that does dental work at school? Anyone know anything about this?

It seems rather odd. I can see the merits to having dental work done for kids who might not otherwise get to go to a dentist or whose parents have less than understanding employers, but then again... I dunno. Just seems very strange.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Mobile Dental 5 years 8 months ago #1073

• StanWright
  • Platinum Boarder
We have mobile barbers, dog groomers, boat mechanics, auto mechanics, book mobiles, the guy who shoes horses, mobile disco.... use to have doctors who made house calls.
Mobile Dentist? Why not?
But would it take all the fun out of sitting in a waiting room, reading magazines about what happened 2 years ago?
:laugh:
Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?

Re:Mobile Dental 5 years 8 months ago #1097

• superdave
  • Senior Boarder
I don't think I would go to a mobile dentist, or let me kid, but that's just me....

Re:Mobile Dental 5 years 8 months ago #1098

• Heffie1
  • Gold Boarder
My daughter brought the same form home earlier this year. All the schools here in town do this. I think it is a great thing. It just helps parents out, that can't aford dental care or have low income. They set up time and dates that the dentist will come to the school, and see the children that signed up. :laugh:
If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.

Re:Mobile Dental 5 years 8 months ago #1120

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
Does this involve local dentists?? I agree, there are far too many kids that never see a dentist because the families can't afford it ..... but I would hope we are at least using local dentists to do this. And, is there a cost or is it free??

Re:Mobile Dental 5 years 8 months ago #1126

• Meri
  • Expert Boarder
It does cost but works with your insurance. They also do medicaid, which as we've said is a good thing for kids who need to go. I don't think the dentist is local though. I think I'll stick with my dentist and take my kids up there myself. Just too odd for me.

Re:Mobile Dental 5 years 8 months ago #1150

Is this like those mobile mammograms or blood drive buses, where you hop on the bus and they treat you? I dont like dentists to begin with so I'm sure not about to hop on a bus and let some random person start poking around in my mouth. I always have to think what if they got me in the chair and get my mouth pryed open and then they start driving off. Scary...........:silly:

Re:Mobile Dental 5 years 8 months ago #1165

• jbourne
  • Platinum Boarder
Actually Floppie, that would be pretty funny! Especially if they've gassed you!!

Re:Mobile Dental 5 years 8 months ago #1182

• FrootLoops
  • Expert Boarder
I had a BAD experience in a trailer once ...... I sure ain't climbing in one to let someone pool some teethies!!! It's hard to gum the Loops!!!! :blink:

Re:Mobile Dental 5 years 7 months ago #1406

• Sammie
  • Platinum Boarder
My experience with dentists is quite grim to say the least. Of all health care providers they are the most unethical and least caring or their patients than any other,,Barr None. I would certainly be wary of anyone picking around on my kids teeth when they can "Cause" damage that was not already, there for a profit.

Re:Mobile Dental 5 years 7 months ago #1673

• tucker
  • Fresh Boarder
I know as a child my family didn't see the dentist for many reasons and $$ was one of them. If this is the only thing that some families have access too, or can make time for then it has to be better than doing nothing. Who knows the dentist on the bus might be fantastic.. let's give them the benefit of doubt and see how it goes. Many kids just need routine cleaning and that could easily be done by a trained professional.

I hope we get to hear from those of you that get more feedback. I don't have children in school, but I am still interested in knowing what goes on. So, thanks for posting this info for everyone to read. :)
Good Day!
www.puppyclubb.com
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by tucker.

Re:Mobile Dental 5 years 7 months ago #1682

• Crazy8
  • Expert Boarder
You have the cool icons under your info too.... how are ya'll doing that??? It's TOO cool!

Re:Mobile Dental 5 years 7 months ago #1745

• jane
  • Senior Boarder
Fill in your profile completely and you'll get icons too :P

I think the mobile dentist is a great idea.
I would call the school and get some background on the dentist, though, before I sent my kids to them.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

mySSnews Login

User Menu