Cumby students and parents who are out shopping this weekend will want to make note of a few changes to the dress code and make note of some upcoming dates to keep in mind when making “end of summer” plans.
When picking out shorts or skirts for Cumby students, be sure they meet length requirements.
“Skirts and shorts are to be no more than 5 inches above the knee for grades 3 to 12,” notes Cumby ISD Superintendent Shelly Slaughter.
Also, students who bring cell phones to school are reminded they are “to be off and put away during the academic day.”
Guys who’ve been growing beards or mustaches over the summer better enjoy them while they can. When classes begin promptly at 8:05 a.m. Monday, Aug. 25, they’ll have to get rid of their face fuzz. The change to the rule states: “Male students must be clean shaven; no facial hair allowed.”
Students handbooks, code of conduct and other related rules and reference materias can be found online at www.cumbyisd.net under the “Student and Parent Links” menu option on the left side of the main page. School supply lists may also be obtained on the school website or found in local stores.
Parents and students should also note new school hours. The tardy bell will ring at 8:05 a.m. starting Aug. 25 on both campuses. High school students will be released are 3:40 p.m. Elementary will be released at 3:30 p.m. Buses at the elementary will run at at 3:35 p.m. and leave from hig school at 3:40 p.m. Students may be picked up by parents after the buses run.
Slaughter notes that there are many events for parents and students to make note of and plan to attend prior to the start of classes.
- The community is invited to stop by school Friday, Aug. 15, at 6:30 p.m. for “Meet the Trojan Night” in the gym to meet student athletes and those participating in related activities.
- Sixth and seventh grade orientation and ninth grade orientation will be held at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 18, in the high school library.
- Any students who are new to Cumby ISD can register for classes during regular business hours Monday-Friday, Aug. 18-22, by contacting Ann Cummings in the high school office. When registering their student, parents should bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate, Social Security card, shot records, and any educational records; and proof of residency.
- An FFA parent meeting has been scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, in Room 116 at the high school.
- All students are invited Thursday, Aug. 21, to stop by the school from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. for the annual Meet the Teacher Night/Tailgate Party. Junior high and high school students can pick up their schedules during this event.
|< Prev||Next >|