Sulphur Springs High School counselors have designated the next two weeks to allow students to make schedule changes for the upcoming school year, according to an email notice sent to parents via the school’s automated notification system and posted on the school’s website.
SSHS students will have the opportunity to change requested courses for the 2014-2015 school year by visiting with their school counselor according to the following schedule:
- Freshmen — 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday, July 28 or Monday, Aug. 4;
- Sophomores — 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29 or Tuesday, Aug. 5;
- Juniors — 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 30 or Wednesday, Aug. 6;
- Seniors — 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, July 31 or Thursday, Aug. 7.
Students are assigned to counselors alphabetically by last name. SSHS students whose last names begin with A through G are assigned to Karey Brice. Students whose last names begin with H through O will see Carol Cowley. Students whose last names begin with P through Z will see Leslie Harred.
“Changes to course requests made after these scheduled dates and times will not be guaranteed to be granted,” the notice stated. “SSHS counselors intend to limit the number of schedule changes that are allowed after classes begin on Aug. 26.”
For additional questions about schedule changes, call SSHS at 903-885-2158 or stop by on the designated day and talk to a counselor.
Also this week, at SSHS:
- Blue Blazes Days of Dance Camp — Monday-Wednesday, July 28-30, for students entering kindergarten through fifth grade will be from 9 a.m. to noon and for students entering grades six, seven and eight will be from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at SSHS.
- Tennis camp — Monday-Friday, July 28-Aug. 1 from 8 am. to 10 a.m. for kindergarten through sixth graders, and from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at SSHS tennis courts for students from seventh through 12th grades.
|< Prev||Next >|