From 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m., visitors can view art at six locations throughout downtown.
* Connally Street Gallery will feature the art of Edgar Sotelo. The gallery will also offer live music for their patrons.
* Margret’s Art Texas Gallery will feature the art of Michael Moore.
* Texas Art and Frame will feature the art of Jerry Lee.
* Main St. Winery (in Main St. Pocket Shoppes) will feature the art of Amanda Stewart.
* Plain & Fancy will feature the art of Sulphur Springs Middle School students.
* Main Street Theatre will feature the art of Sulphur Springs High School students.
Main St. Winery will host an after-walk dessert and wine tasting until 10 p.m.
The league’s mission is to “promote the advancement of the arts through public awareness and improvements, exposure, education, historic preservation and community involvement in order to identify Hopkins County and surrounding counties as the diverse, aesthetic and artistic go-to place in Northeast Texas.”
Officers of the arts league are Chairman Pam Elliott, Co-Chairman David Woody; Advisor Shane Shepard; Secretary Susan Payne and Treasurer John Sellers.
Committee chairpersons are: Pam Elliott, Public Information; Tamra Pogue, Public Awareness, Terry Mathews, Educaton; Terry McCullough, Networking and Mary Campbell, Fundraising.
The league has also scheduled a one-act play competition for July 11 and 12 that will be open to theatre groups throughout the area.
Promotional consideration for the Downtown Art Walk provided by the Downtown Business Alliance and Flippin Printing.
For more information, visit hopcal.com.
|< Prev||Next >|