The Top 10 Romantic Comedies of all time (remember, they have to be made in America) is one of the toughest categories for men to rate, I would imagine. Our idea of romance is probably different than women's.
However, we do like the comedies.
So, to that end, and with an apology to the American Film Institute, which released its Top 10 recently, here are my favorites:
1. The Princess Bride (it's inconceivable I would put anything else here)
2. Grease (it is the word)
3. Pretty Woman (a millionaire and a hooker, it's real life)
4. Sixteen Candles (the start of the John Hughes reign of the '80s)
5. The Wedding Singer (Adam Sandler's best movie)
6. Sweet Home Alabama (Reese Witherspoon has to be on the list somewhere)
7. Father of the Bride (Steve Martin's version)
8. Sleepless in Seattle (more romance than comedy)
9. When Harry Met Sally
10. It Happened One Night
Note: AFI's top 10 are: 1. City Lights; 2. Annie Hall; 3. It Happened One Night; 4. Roman Holiday; 5. The Philadelphia Story; 6. When Harry Met Sally; 7. Adam's Rib; 8. Moonstruck; 9. Harold and Maude; 10. Sleepless in Seattle.
|< Prev||Next >|