The Tira City Council will meet at the Community Center on Tuesday, March 4, at 6 p.m. The public is always welcome and encouraged to attend.
Joyce Dodd reports that Mandi Owens and her friend, Mari, and Mari's grandson, Phoenix of Nebraska, drove in from Oklahoma for a visit over the weekend. She says, “We had a February birthday party for Mandi, Trenton, and Ethan at our house Sunday.” Joining William and Joyce were Tonja, Rob, Brad, Tanya, Trenton and Matthew Dodd; Maegan, Alyssa, Gavin and Ethan Shelton; and Mandi Owens and her friends.
Destri Weir and her friend visited Robert, Yvonne and Wesley Weir Friday night and Saturday. They visited the square and ate at Tierra Del Sol. In the evening, Robert, Yvonne and Wesley visited Dakota Weir. Yvonne adds, “Sunday, I got my flowerbed and flowerpots cleaned out, so now I am ready for spring!”
Chip Vaughn and Malcolm Joslin were among the many men who attended the Kingdom Man Conference in Sulphur Springs on Friday evening and Saturday morning. On Saturday evening, Chip was treated to a special birthday supper at home, and then he celebrated with family on Sunday at lunch.
Christin O'Neal, ag teacher, shared the following results from the 2014 North Hopkins FFA Expo.
- Market Steers — Grand champion, Madison Joslin; and reserve grand champion, Garrett Sprague.
- Beef Heifers — Grand champion, Jalyn Hrabal; reserve grand champion, Garrett Sprague; and showmanship winners, Josie Hill and Samuel Stanley.
- Market Broilers — Grand champion, Penelope Deterding; reserve grand champion, Tate Myers; and showmanship, Sarah Weatheread.
- Market Swine — Grand champion, Jalyn Hrabal; reserve grand champion, Cade Kerby; and showmanship, Cade Kerby.
- Market Lambs — Grand champion, Mary Brown; and showmanship, Mary Brown.
- Market Goats — Grand champion, Amy Sprague; reserve grand champion, Blake Adams; and showmanship, Blake Adams.
Mrs. O'Neal also expressed, “Nobody can imagine how rewarding it is to have such an awesome support system here at N. H.” She expressed appreciation to all who helped make the event a success.
Open House will be held at North Hopkins School on March 6 at 6:30 p.m. Students (and staff) will be out of school during the week of March 10 for spring break.
|< Prev||Next >|