Congratulations to the winners of the Texas State Champion Homemade Ice Cream Freeze-Off!
Everyone had a tasty time at the Texas State Champion Homemade Ice Cream Freeze Off last Saturday. The winners were:
- Super Scoop: 1st Place, Billy Jack Allen, Banana Nut and 2nd Place, Henry Penson, Pecan Pie
- Big Dip Plain: 1st Place, Carlie Penson, Chocolate, 2nd Place, Katie Patterson, Chocolate and3rd Place, Tonya Ross, Vanilla
- Big Dip Fruit: 1st Place, Katie Patterson, Strawberry, 2nd Place, Linda Henton, Strawberry and 3rd Place, Dairy Museum Employees, Banana
- Big Dip Novelty: 1st Place, Melissa Heinen, Butter Pecan Praline Crunch, 2nd Place, Melissa Heinen, Triple Chocolate Ripple Rapture and 3rd Place, Richard Allen, Caramel Coffee
- Little Dip Plain: 1st place, Michelle Allen, Chocolate and 2nd Place, Lucy Walters, Vanilla
- Little Dip Fruit: 1st Place, Addison Caddell, Peach and 2nd Place, Isabella Hancock, Creamy Strawberry
- Little Dip Novelty:1st place, Faith Watkins, Butterfinger and 2nd place, Mandy Eckhart, Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- People's Choice: Melissa Heinen, Triple Chocolate Ripple Rapture
Also a HUGE thank you to everyone who sponsored the event, made ice cream and purchased a bowl of ice cream. We truly appreciate all of your support!
Business After Hours at Hopkins House June 21
Stop by Hopkins House next Thursday and join us for Business After Hours from 5-6:30 p.m.. They will have food, refreshments and door prizes!
Please join us for a ribbon cutting for NETX Heart
of Hope at 127 Gilmer St. Tuesday, June 26, at noon
Independence Day Celebration on our beautiful new square set for June 30
Please join us for the Independence Day Celebration on the Square featuring the Northeast Texas Symphony Orchestra along with the Northeast Texas Choral Society! This year they will be dedicating the Veterans Memorial at 6:30 p.m., with the concert and fireworks following! The concert and fireworks are underwritten by Alliance Bank, GSC Enterprises and Peoples Communication. Please make sure to tell each of these businesses thank you for making this even possible!!
- June 14-16 — Carnival
- June 16 — Milk Run, 8 a.m.
- June 16 — Jr. Dairy Show & Dairy Foods Contest, 10 a.m.
- June 16 — Pageant, 7 p.m.
(For more information about the Dairy Festival, visit www.hopkinscountydairyfestival.com)
- June 21 — Pinnacle Expansion At the HON Building at 3 p.m.
- June 21 — Business After Hours at Hopkins House, 5-6:30 p.m.
- June 26 — NE TX Heart of Hope at Noon, 127 Gilmer
- June 28 — Business After Hours at Hampton Inn, 5-6:30 p.m.
- June 30 — Independence Day Celebration, Symphony & Fireworks, 6:30 p.m. on the Square
- July 19 — Business After Hours at Holiday Inn Express, 5-6:30 p.m.
That's all for now ... have a GREAT week!