Open House and Ribbon Cutting for The Look Hair Design Studio Nov. 18
Please join us in welcoming The Look Hair Design Studio to the Chamber of Commerce. T
he Look is located at 468 Shannon Road in Sulphur Springs. We will host their ribbon cutting tonight at 5:15 p.m. Please stop by on your way home from work to check out Kim McCool’s salon!
Symphony League Auction on Saturday begins at 6 p.m
Here is a fun auction brought to you by the Sulphur Springs Symphony League and KSST Radio. The Symphony League’s annual fund raising auction will be simulcast on KSST radio and TV, with live streaming video on their websie at www.ksstradio.com beginning at 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 20th. There are several ways you can see what’s going on, or participate in the bidding for very useful items and entertaining events. Choose one or more of the many options:
- Right now, to see photos of the available items, click here: http://picasaweb.google.com/sulphurspringssymphonyleague/SymphonyLeagueAuctionMerchandise?feat=directlink or copy and paste in your web browser. This is a list of the items that appeared in the News-Telegram.
- To bid during the auction call 903-885-9500 where a helpful volunteer will answer and assist you in the process. Have this telephone number handy Saturday evening.
- Listen to the auction’s live action at KSST Radio, 1230 AM.
- Watch the auction streaming live at www.ksstradio.com, and click on the ‘streaming’ icon.
- Watch the proceedings, televised on Channel 18. (Available only to Suddenlink customers.)
- Follow the auction with on Facebook. Check out Sulphur Springs Symphony League there.
Year round you can visit the symphony league at www.SulphurSpringsSymphonyLeague.org.
This auction is the Symphony League’s major fund raiser. They need a significant budget to pay for the Children’s Concert, and to fund the balance of the Independence Day Celebration concert and fireworks along with that event’s major sponsors, Circle E Western Store, Grocery Supply Company and Alliance Bank. In addition to contracting with professional musicians to perform with our own Northeast Texas Symphony Orchestra, we also provide violins to some of the 180 students in the Sulphur Springs ISD Strings education programs, and we pay for scholarships for accomplished Strings students as they continue higher education in music.
Ribbon Cutting for Fusion Salons
The Chamber of Commerce held a ribon cutting ceremony Tuesday for Fusion Salons, located at 208 Main St. Pictured in the photo are Bailee Petty, Dairy Festival Queen; Shanequa Walker, massage therapist; Joan Davis; Betty Wiler, mom and receptionist; Kara Petty; Brittany Wilson; DeLayne Dillard; Misty Carr, stylist; John Sellers; Jackie Thornton; Mike Horne; Kim Dillard; Shannon Henry—Owner/Stylist (the one with the scissors) and Melissa Doddridge. This week, they are offering one hour massages for only $25!
Lakes Regional Dayhab facility opens
The Lakes Regional Mental Health-Mental Retardation Dayhab facility has opened and is beautiful. The Chamber hosted a ribbon cutting Wednesday. “Our Place” DayHab is a state of the art facility that offers day programs for individuals with intellectual developmental disabilities. They have a café area, exercise room, arts and crafts, training rooms, a recreation platform for outdoor activities and a garden! Lakes Regional MHMR chief financial officer is Don Smith, and John Delaney is the executive director. Laurie White is the IDD provider director, Shae Martin was the interior designer and Mike Blount was the builder of this beautiful facility. They are located at the corner of State Highway 19 and Airport Road.
Would you like to recognize an Outstanding Educator?
Nominations for Large and Small Business of the Year
Additional Chamber of Commerce Banquet nominations
Many other awards are presented at the Chamber of Commerce membership banquet, scheduld for February 10th, 2011). Aside from the awards mentioned above, nominations are also being accepted for:
- Citizen of the Year — Echo Publishing Company — P.O. Box 598, Sulphur Springs, TX 75483
- Lady of the Year — Beta Sigma Phi Organization — P.O. Box 72, Sulphur Springs, TX 75483
- Caregiver of the Year — The Pilot Club — 345 Highland Drive, SS. TX 75482
- Community Pride Award — Adult Leadership Class — P.O. Box 347, Sulphur Springs, TX 75483
Each of these nominations should be submitted in writing and mailed to the above mentioned address.
Dr. Ray Perryman will be speaking at the Civic Center on Wednesday, Dec. 1, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Get your tickets now to hear noted economist Dr. Ray Perryman on Wednesday, Dec. 1, at the Hopkins County Civic Center. Tickets are $15, which includes a wonderful barbecue lunch. For more information, please call the Chamber at 903-885-6515! Deadline to order tickets is Friday, Nov. 19.
Don’t Miss These Opportunities
- Nov. 18: Ribbon; for The Look Hair Design Studio, 5:15 p.m.
- Nov. 18: Pep Rally/Tailgate Party for the Wildcats, 6 p.m.
- Nov. 27: Christmas in the Park at Heritage Park, 5:30 p.m.
- Dec. 1: Dr. Ray Perryman to speak at 11:30 a.m. at the Civic Center
- Dec. 2: Tree Lighting at Hospital for Lights of Life
- Dec. 3: Christmas in the Park at Heritage Park—5:30 p.m.
- Dec. 4: Electric Lights Parade
- Dec. 4: Drive-Thru Christmas in the Park at Heritage Park, 5:30 p.m.
- Dec. 4 & 5: NETCS Christmas Program
- Dec. 9: Ribbon Cutting for Studio 9, Noon
|< Prev||Next >|